I did not invent or think up that title but it is certainly sure for a singer! the basic truth is that you have to believe or be in sink with what you are singing. I am a musician who, is at first attracted to the sound, I mean, the chord progressions and intervals.( the musical distance from one sound or tone to the next and visa versa) Now I am paying more attention to the words! I keep on hearing the expression " I really like the words to that song" from friends and family which made be realize I for a long time put it in second place, the sound came first.
It's logical if the words of a song are not in sink with your feelings, the way you view life or whatever, it will come out as a half hearted! You don't believe it! I have made this evaluation about what I have sung. I enjoy singing songs that deal with truths of the human condition. But personally I could not give a good performance of a song that promotes adultery, lying, cheating, just for the sake of it.
Its not me, so I put the those songs in the "fire." When you sing, you lay bare your "soul" to your audience. They will either be drawn to you or put you out of their mind. So be real! Be truthful with your self and with your audience! Sing what you believe in ,whether the theme is serious, nuetral or humorous. Remember put fire into your song or put your song in the fire!
My name is Albert F. Sotelo and I have a on line interent store where we among other things, carry music education materials www. ilovemusica.com I also have some videos on Youtube.
Thanks for reading.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment